Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cheese

About 15 miles south of Rockaway is the town of Tillamook. The land of cheese, trees and ocean breeze. For those of you that don't know, Tillamook is world famous for Tillamook cheese. Every time we go, we stop at the cheese factory. I've done this since I was a kid and my parents took me.




They have a great gift shop and free samples of cheese, which I have to say is my favorite food group. When you go upstairs you get to watch people make and package the cheese, always fun to watch.


Of course they don't do just cheese, but an array of diary products which are very tasty, and in fact, we actually only buy tillamook cheese and ice cream. I find it to be far superior to other brands. I'm sort of a dairy snob.

If you ever stop in Tillamook, go there. It's fab.

3 comments:

bff said...

I heart cheese too.It's awesome.Food in general is awesome.I'm off to go scrub toilets.Life sucks.

Anonymous said...

I remember when they used to walk you through the whole cheese plant. Then they glassed it off so you can't sneeze on the cheese. They make the best cheese on the planet. Seriously. Beef stick anyone?

Anonymous said...

This is Hannah with Tillamook. I'm so glad you had a fun time visiting the factory. FYI: Tillamook is now on twitter, Facebook and Flickr. Check us out: http://tiny.cc/5j6yY.