Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The New Camera

For the last few years I've been using a decent camera that takes pretty good pictures. It wasn't until recently that it became a problem. It still took decent pictures but now the delay between pictures was 10+ seconds. I like to do a lot of wildlife photography and having to wait that long between shots just wasn't cutting it anymore. So when we decided we'd be going to the beach, I told him it was time for a new camera. He balked a little bit but didn't fight me too hard on it.

We stopped on the way there and I picked out a new one. I got a Kodak EasyShare Z1012 IS. It's so unbelieveably fab. It takes such brilliantly clear pictures without any delay. I love it super hard.

Here's some pictures of the old camera:


Notice the major problem with this camera? It's viewing window is only about an inch wide and an inch tall. Like I said, it still takes great pics but it's just not as good as it once was. Now the Behemoth:


Notice the difference in the picture quality? I love the new camera. I have the ability to change the shutter speed and such with this camera, but at the heart of the behemoth, it's a fancy point and shoot. Which is what I think I like most about it.

What was your last electronics upgrade, or any upgrade for that matter? How wowed were you by the difference in the old and the new? Pinup Girl must know.

5 comments:

bff said...

Our latest upgrade will be a new fridge.I think the heat put the old one on overdrive,and it's pretty much dead as of 7:00am.So today I will be working 2 jobs and shopping in the heat box known as Lowes.Let's hope I don't die from heat stroke.The camera looks awesome!We have one of the first kodak easy shares.They're easy to use, however yours is quite a few models above ours.Have fun shoosting pictures.

Anonymous said...

My upgrade was probably from the point and shoot Olympus (which I loved) to the new Nikon TOG bought me last year. Night and farg-ing day. I'm still trying to figure out all the stuff on it!

Congrats on the new camera!

Mamahut said...

I can't think of the last thing I have upgraded. So cool you go a new one! Is it the one that comes with the printing dock?

bff said...

What's a Basset?LOL

Pinup Girl said...

No, I didn't get a printing dock with it. But I can buy one seperately.