Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Hike

Ogre and I went on a wonderful hike up in the mountains on the 4th. We hiked along side the Taylor River and got about 3 miles in before my new hiking boots rubbed my heel raw and we had to turn back. We also forgot about mosquito repellent but I got out with only one on my elbow.

The trail was very rocky all the way in but at certain points little creeks crossed over the trails which gave the dogs the opportunity to drink along the way. The trail was an old logging trail at one point and a developer had planned to put houses along there, but thankfully the deal fell through and it was made into a hiking trail.

I caught this picture of the river as we hiked in.

The dogs had a great time but had a hard time walking over the large rocks in the middle of the path. We asked a ranger on the way out why the trail wasn't in better condition, and we were told that not enough people used the trail to consider making it in better shape.


There's a small campground right next to the trail head and we stopped to eat a small lunch and I grabbed the camera to take pictures of some of the flowers.


I have no idea what the red flower is, but it really grabbed my attention. It's quite beautiful.

I hope everyone had a safe 4th. Have a great one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty hike!

bff said...

Sup.Today is my wedding anniversary and I forgot to take the day off.Can we say dumbass?Hubby is on vacay which is why I haven't called.I'll try tomorrow when he's involved in his game.Very pretty flowers.

Mamahut said...

Pretty puppies and pretty flowers, what more could you ask for?