Sunday, July 20, 2008

A new obsession

I've had various things that I've obsessed over in my life, I had a brief thing with the Lord of the Rings movies, still some of the best movies ever made. I also, being a young girl, had various obsessions with boys in hollywood. But nothing could possibly top the one I had with the Backstreet Boys. It started when I was 16 and ended when I was a little past 18, with the introduction of a real life boyfriend. It encompassed all aspects of my life, just ask the bff, she was right there with me. But after that, I never really had anything that again. I had things I liked, things I enjoyed, somethings I thought were pretty great. But, ladies and gentleman, Pinup Girl has aquired a new one: the Twilight book series.

I have several friends in their early teens all the way into their early 20's and they were all talking about this book called Twilight. After DAYS of having to listen to them, I decided I would pick up the first book and see if I liked it. I ended up getting the first 2 and finished them both 36 hours later. That's 1061 pages. Yes, I actually added up the pages. I'm most of the way through the 3rd book, and the fourth and last book comes out August 2nd. Guess who's going to be at the bookstore at midnight to buy it? I really don't think I need to hand you that obvious answer.

I will not give you plot or characters or anything like that. I will say that it's based in the little town of Forks, which is close to me. I'll also say that while it's geared towards teens, the subject matter can be considered for people older than that. The books are not for everyone, of course, but if you're opened minded you'll really enjoy it, I think.

There are 4 books all together: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. They are written by Stephenie Meyer and you can find them at any major bookstore right now. So, if you're looking for an easy read that sucks you right in, these might work for you.

I hope so, I'm tired of being the only one around me locally that reads these.

1 comment:

bff said...

Was the locally thing a hint perhaps?Summer '98 best summer ever!!!Are you back yet?